Are you tired of cleaning the messy carpets with your hand?
Well, no more rubbing!
What you need is the best carpet cleaner 2017 to take out the filth in the easiest way.
The carpet cleaners are designed for doing a single thing and that is cleaning the carpet. There have been industrial carpet cleaners in the market but now some manufacturers are producing carpet cleaners that are small in size which is quite appropriate as a home appliance and work with the same efficiency as the industrial ones.
Best Carpet Cleaner 2017 (LIST)
Here is a list of the Top Trending Models of Carpet Cleaners That you can buy in 2017. We have selected the models that are suitable for everyone. Check out the brief at a glance…
|Bissell 3624 SpotClean||90|
|Bissell Spotbot Pet||88|
|Hoover FH50150 Deluxe||91|
|Bissell 86T3/86T3Q Pro||93|
|Rug Doctor Deep||86|
Now that you know the products it’s time to know them a little more intimately. Here are the detailed reviews for you that have been devised using the ConsumerHubs Algorithm.
1. Bissell 3624 SpotClean – Best Carpet Cleaner that Cleans by Itself
There are two basic types of carpet cleaners. One is the compact one and the other is the upright carpet cleaner. The compact ones are best at removing spots and they are pretty light and portable. The best example of compact carpet cleaner is the Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner.
Bissel is a popular name when it comes to carpet cleaning. It’s a manufacturer what only produces carpet cleaners. And this particular product is their best seller. If you are the kind of person who likes to remove the stains or dirt instantly then a product like this should be your first choice.
The Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional is basically designed to challenge spots that are fresh or old. The way it deals with those spots is amazing. Another interesting thing is that this is a compact cleaner with a larger tank. There are two separate types of tanks in this model. One tank is for fresh water and the other one is for storing the dirty one.
Everything with the Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner is instant. The cleaner comes pre assembled. You just have to take it out, fill the tank with water and one of the cleaning agents that Bissel manufacture and you are ready to go. The fresh stains do not need more than a single pull of the cleaner head where the old and strong ones need a few more strokes.
It uses water to take out the stains and drenches the spot a little but it gets dried out pretty quickly. So, what we have in our hands is a nice compact carpet cleaner that comes with various modifications and fits comfortably within your budget. It’s the ideal product for doing spot cleaning on your carpet.
- Best at taking out spots
- Harmless on the carpet
- Ideal for stairs
- Easy Operation
- No Internal Water Heater
- No Suction
2. Bissel Spotbot – Top Carpet Cleaner for Hands Free Operation
Want to clean your carpet automatically? Yes, you can even do that. Bissel has taken the carpet cleaning technology to the next level with their Bissel Spotbot. This is a revolutionary carpet cleaner that does not require your assistance much. You just have to place it on the spot and select the cleaning mode and the cleaner will run for couple of minutes it and turn off by itself. It will also notify you when it’s done cleaning.
There is a technology called Deep Reach in the Spotbot what allows the cleaner to take out stains from the greatest depths of the carpet. The way those brushes are assembled on the main rotator and the way they revolve against the surface of the carpet is indeed a sign that the Spotbot is best at its cleaning job.
You can also take out the hose and work with it manually. The deep reach technology helps the agents to reach the deepest part of the carpet. So, it does two things at a time. The first is that it removes the stains from the root and then revitalizes the fiber from right there.
Now, there are some points where you can’t use the machine automatically. For those spots like the stairs or the interior of the car you have to take out the hose and do it all by yourself. The machine saves you time actually. You just have to plug it in and then you can do something else while the Spotbot is taking care of your stains.
The Spotbot is a carpet cleaner which is more focused on removing the stains over cleaning the whole carpet. They are portable and easy to store and can be brought into functions really fast. The price is also affordable.
- Ideal product for short use
- Hands free operation
- Cleans from the deep
- Best for taking out pet stains
- No Suction
- Not ideal for heavy weight carpet cleaning
3. Hoover FH50150 – Best Carpet Cleaner for Home [Recommended]
The upright carpet cleaners are the more conventional way of cleaning the carpet. Now, they could be really pricey but this product here shares the same features of those almost upright carpet cleaners but costs a little more than a hundred dollars.
The most interesting part of the Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner is that, almost every part of it is removable. You can disassemble the tank, the brushes, the hose and install other cleaning tools in it.
The tanks of the upright carpet cleaners can give problems such as leakage or overflowing. The tank in this cleaner comes with a smart tank system that makes it super easy to empty up and fill in. It’s also detachable from the cleaner by a simple lock. You will be wasting very little time with it. Also, this tank is divided into two different sections. One is for dirty water and the other one is for clean water.
The brushes of the Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner have its own technology called SpinScrub which is quite different from other cleaners. The brushes don’t roll; rather they rotate on different directions. These brushes can be detached from the cleaner and then the cleaner become smoother to clean with but actually you need them for taking out the deepest stains. The cleaner allows you to use both rinse and wash. With the wash mode you will drench the spot the soap water and the rinse mode will rinse it off more than ninety percent.
The Hoover FH50150 is the upright carpet cleaner that easily fits your budget. If you want to have the features of the optimal carpet cleaners in a cleaner that will come within your budget then this upright carpet cleaner is highly recommended for you.
- Great Power & Cleans Fast
- Dries Fast
- Mixes Water and Detergent automatically
- Two Nozzles
- Needs care
- A little harsh on soft carpets
4. Bissell 86T3/86T3Q – The top carpet cleaner to have faith on
If you are looking forward to do some heavy weight carpet cleaning, give the Bissell 86T3/86T3Q a try. It’s a solid carpet cleaner that doesn’t require too much description. Bissell is a popular name in carpet cleaning and their 86T3/86T3Q is their top of the line product.
The beauty of the product is that it can work on both ways. When you push the cleaner forward it cleans, when you retrieve it, it cleans. It cleans through a rotating power lifter brush. These brushes are specially designed so that they rotate in such a motion that will carve up any stains or dirt from the very depth of the carpet.
Okay, the drying of the carpet is very important. When you are done cleaning your carpet it remains wet for up to three or more hours. Bissell has introduced a new kind of system to direct the heat that gets generated on motor towards the cleaning area. When this heat and the strong suction combine, it dries up the carpet fast. This is a real cool feature that can sometimes save you from unnecessary hassles.
Now, you can’t use the upright carpet cleaners everywhere. To clean your stairs, car interior or any other tricky corners you have to use the long hose that comes with the Bissell 86T3/86T3Q. With the use of the hose you can reach anywhere and clean anything.
So, the Bissell 86T3/86T3Q is a pretty decent upright carpet cleaner which will never let you down and you will not be refilling the tank that frequently. The product comes with a big price tag but when we saw it in action we were quite satisfied with the cleaning results. You will be able to clean your whole room’s carpet comfortably with this powerful carpet cleaner.
- Cleans great on both forward and backwards
- Large capacity tanks
- Comes with attachments
- The tank handle is adjustable
- Makes a lot of noise
5. Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner- Best in Price & Performance
The first thing that we should say about the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner is that, it does not look as mean as the other models of carpet cleaners yet it does the cleaning job as beautifully as the best ones that are available on the market.
Now, another interesting thing about the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner is that, it is extremely easy to operate. You control a huge amount of power with the press of a button and with a knob only.
The manufacturer claims that it has 75% more vacuum suction than its top contender. We were unable to measure the suction power but it actually felt great according to our experts. The Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner has
There are two cross type brushes under the cleaner what revolves in its own special way that is designed to dig up dirt that lies at the deepest part of the carpet. The tank of the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner is very easy to take out.
There is a bottle of cleaners that come with the product along with other tools that are necessary for cleaning. Filling the tank up with hot water and cleaning agent often results in better carpet cleaning.
The price of this carpet cleaner is not too high and not too low either. We think it’s appropriate for a upright carpet cleaner. There is a drawback to this model. There is no special technology that was included here to dry up the cleaned are fast. So you have to wait an hour or two after you clean a spot.
- Greatest Suction
- Works with great efficiency
- Easy operation
- Carpet Friendly
- Perfectly Priced
- Needs regular cleaning
What is a Carpet Cleaner?
A carpet cleaner is a cleaning tool for the carpet. They use multiple cleaning technologies to remove deeply imbedded darts, stains and all other unnecessary filth from your carpet. Comparing them with regular vacuum cleaners won’t be a good idea as these carpet cleaners do a lot more than vacuum cleaning.
They often come with multiple brushes what scratches out the dusts and stains that sit deep in your carpet. The carpet cleaners also include a strong vacuum suction to scrub out those loosened dust particles some also jets a mixture of cleaners and water what cleans the carpet and revitalizes them and at last they jet pressurized hot air to dry up your carpet.
You see, carpet cleaners are really amazing. This review of ConsumerHubs will be on the best carpet cleansers that are available on the market and all the knowledge concerning them will follow the review.
Here, we will assemble products that will fit everyone’s budget. The carpet cleaners come in different price ranges stretching from around hundred dollars to five hundred dollars or so. Here is a list of the top trending carpet cleaners.
- The carpet cleaners are home appliances that you must have to clean your carpets.
- It’s far better to clean the spill marks with a carpet cleaner than scrubbing it with your hands.
- The upright carpet cleaners allow you to clean a huge area covered with carpets with a very less effort from your side.
- Carpet cleaners save both time and money.
- Makes a lot of sound.
- Requires different types of cleaning agents for different purposes.
- Cleaning the carpets can be a tiring work.
Why do I need a carpet cleaner?
The main reason behind buying a carpet cleaner is that they can clean your carpet. Almost all the homes have a carpet. Some people even cover their entire home with carpets. Now, the carpets have various benefits. They keep the house warm, consume noise, add beauty to your home and make the floor soft and what not. They are said to be the best air filters. Most of the dirt of your home settle upon them, the dirt can come from anywhere, from the air, form shoes and where not.
So, yes, the carpets get really messy from time to time. These carpets need cleaning from time to time. Now imagine if you are to get it done by professionals. They will charge a lot and months after months you will be paying a huge amount altogether. That’s why you need a carpet cleaner. If you buy a carpet cleaner and put a little effort every month you will be saving a lot of money. And lot here means more than ten thousands in ten years. Yes, do the math and the amount will be around 10k.
If you have a pet or children in the house you already know that they are best at spoiling your carpets. They poop and urinate here and there and mess up the carpets real bad. For those stains you must have a carpet cleaner in the house so that you can fight with the stains and filths instantly.
Throwing a party is a nightmare for the carpets. All those people change the color of the carpets with their shoes and wine or juice spills. The carpets have to bare it all. So, in the morning after the party you just have to have a carpet cleaner.
Okay, although they are named carpet cleaners they are not only for carpets. You can clean anything with them that is covered with fabrics. ( Like the interior of your car and car seats) You can use the extended hose that comes with your carpet cleaners and clean them.
We have even seen people cleaning floors with them. So, thus product might be named as a carpet cleaner but they can clean anything. We would not doubt that you can even do your laundry with the carpet cleaners. Why don’t you try and let us know.
Types of Carpet Cleaners:
There are two types of carpet cleaners in the market. Depending on how you are going to use them, you can pick any one out of these two types.
- Upright Carpet Cleaners:
This is the most convenient model of carpet cleaners. They are huge, they make a lot of noise, produce huge power and have powerful motor for the brush and suction. The mixture tank is huge and you can cover a huge area with a single refill.
You need to push them around on your carpet in order to clean it. The upright carpet cleaners can clean the carpet from the root. The more you use the cleaning agent the better cleaning result you will get.
- Compact Carpet Cleaners:
The compact cleaners are the smaller edition of the upright carpet cleaners. Imagine the upright carpet cleaners without the long handles that is used for pushing them around, you will get the compact carpet cleaners.
This type of carpet cleaner is portable but they work with the same efficiency of the upright models. They also work on the same principle of water and soap mixture, brushes and vacuum and has a long hose attached with them.
There are many ways of cleaning the carpet. We think we should give you a hint about the processes that were used and are used for cleaning carpets. These processes are,
Types of Carpet Cleaning …
It’s a popular method for cleaning the carpets of crowded places like offices, hotels, medicals and other place where many people gather. Bonneting involves a machine what has a absorbing pad beneath it. The pad is drenched with a chemical and then it’s rubbed against the carpet surface. The problem with this method is that it cleans on a superficial level.
It’s a specialized dry cleaning method for cleaning carpets. It involves a machine that spreads a special kind of chemical foam over the carpet. The foam attracts the dirt and gets crystallized once dried. Then the machine uses a combination of brushes and suction to take out the crystals. This system is popular because it uses no water and the carpet takes a very less time to dry up. This process fails when there’s too many dust in the carpet.
- Soaping or Shampooing:
It’s the same process as encapsulation with the only difference that instead of the chemical foam the cleaner pours a mixture of a soaping agent and water and carves up the dirt and stains instantly with its brush and finishes the process with the use of the vacuum force. This leaves the carpet wet for an hour or two. Most of the recent carpet cleaners use this carpet cleaning method.
Features to Look for …
Buying a carpet cleaner is an easy thing. Here is a short list of things that you need to look for while buying the carpet cleaner that you are willing to buy.
- Good Suction Power: A good suction means better removal of dust. Going with the products that has a great suction will always benefit you and reduce effort from your side.
- Brushes: The brushes of a carpet cleaner are its crucial part. In some models the brushes work as rollers and in some models they revolve. They are important because the brushes take out dirt from the deepest part of the carpet.
- Tank Size: The size of the mixture tank and the dust tank of the carpet cleaner will determine how often you have to refill them. If you are going to use the cleaner for instantly removing the stains then cleaners with smaller tanks are suitable for you. If you think of cleaning all the carpet once in a month or so, we would recommend you the carpet cleaners that have a bigger tank.
- Low Noise: Some carpet cleaners are loud as hell. They are so loud that you need to use noise canceling ear plugs with them. Nobody wants that sound in their home. So, if you are going to buy a carpet cleaner try knowing how much sound it makes.
- Portability: The portability of a carpet cleaner often depends on its weight and shape. If the cleaner is not heavy it will be easy to carry and if it’s a compact one it will be easy to store.
- Drying Time: Most of the carpets take an hour or two to entirely dry up after it’s been cleaned by a carpet cleaner. Some model has special technologies that involve heating up or redirecting the heat and it rapidly reduces the drying time of a carpet.
- Consumption: The good products use minimum soap and show maximum output by the use of its brush and suction. Let us warn you here that there are products that need a lot of cleaning agent to show their full potential.
Benefits of using Carpet Cleaners:
The main benefit of the carpet cleaner is that it cleans the carpet. So, the benefits of clean carpets are basically the benefits of the carpet cleaners. No dear, it’s not that simple. (We wish it was) There are numerous benefits that come with the carpet cleaners. Here’s a short list of that.
- You can do more cleaning than you can imagine. Just imagine washing all the carpets of your home with your hands and a brush! Not so fun, isn’t it? That’s when you are in a great need of the carpet cleaners. ( or the carpet cleaner guys if you are super rich, which you are probably not )
- The carpet cleaner guys can be really costly. They would charge a lot for cleaning whole house’s carpets. Now, if you had a carpet cleaner you could do the cleaning all by yourself ( or use it as a punishment for your kiddo ) and save some serious bucks.
- Now, suppose that your dog pooped on the carpet of the living room and its super stinky and guests are on their way. Now, is it a good situation to call the ‘Carpet Cleaner Guys’? Definitely not. If you had a carpet cleaner you can the little mess in no time. So, the biggest benefit of the carpet cleaner is that it terminates your necessity and terminates it real fast.
- These mean machines are called carpet cleaner but they have more applications than just cleaning carpets. You can clean your car’s interior with them or clean your sofas and anything that comes with a thick fabric covering.
- When the battle comes to hand against carpet cleaners, the carpet cleaners will always be the winners. And they will be winners because they are fast as jet planes on removing stains.
- These lousy loud things called the carpet cleaners are strict against all kinds of stains. There are even wide verities of washing liquids too. Did you know that they even have specialized cleaning solutions for urines. Yes, urine! You have read right.
Now, after all these, do you need any more benefits listed? Perhaps not!
How to use the Carpet Cleaners?
Here’s how you are going to become an expert carpet cleaner.
- Read the manual silly, it’s all there.
- Okay, not the manual kinda person, then read try the YouTube.
- Still nothing? Okay, now read this then. It’s your last hope.
- While using the carpet cleaners put extra care while unboxing the cleaner.
- Assemble the product carefully. Take your time. Don’t rush and do it accordingly. Now, if it’s a compact one it should be pre-assembled.
- When you think that the cleaner looks exactly like the one that is portrayed on the box then you are ready to do your cleaning.
- Hold on. Don’t just plug it in and go sweeping all over. That will only cause the vacuum and brushes to run. That’s not enough dear, that’s never enough.
- You need to take out the mixture tank out before you go stain hunting.
- Take out the tank and fill it up with hot water ‘almost’ (leave a little room for the cleaning agents, even they deserve a spot there) to the maximum limit which is shown in the container. Don’t overfill it.
- Now, you should be given a cup to measure your cleaning agent, that’s not a toy! It should be used to measure your cleaning liquid. Now, it also may be attached with the lid of the container. Wherever it is, for best cleaning results, it must be used.
- Now, once you put the washing liquid inside the chamber, shut the lid and put the container back in its spot, lock it and take out the power cord.
- Put the power cord in the power outlet and start hunting down those filthy stains or dirt.
- To clean them you need to bring your carpet cleaner over them and press the button that will release the soapy mixture and trigger the vacuum.
- Keep doing it.
- Once you are done empty the tank and store the cleaner some place cold and dark.
Carpet Cleaner Buying Guide:
ConsumerHubs has the most pin point buying guide than anyone else. Wanna see? Check out this cool carpet cleaner buying guide which is basically based on questions and nothing else.
To buy a carpet cleaner you must ask yourselves the following questions.
- How much money do I have to spend behind these loud machines? (two categories here, around 100$ or around 300 $, decide)
- How much area am I willing to cover? ( Uprights are for wider cleaning and the compact ones are for smaller spots)
- Are the compact ones are more suitable for me? ( They are portable, fast, hassle free and automatic ones only available on compact)
- Do I need a carpet cleaner just to instantly clean the spill marks or other stains? (We mean do I need a compact one)
- Do I have a pet or a child in the houses that frequently messes up the carpet?
- Or do I have both? (Oh God! It’s a nightmare)
- Am I ready to sit down or bend my body to do the carpet cleaning? (compact cleaners)
- Or Would I only like to stand tall and do the carpet cleaning? (Upright cleaners)
The answers to these questions are your buying guide to the carpet cleaners. We don’t want to hear your answers. Keep them to yourselves and think them through, We think you are now prepared for buying your carpet cleaner.
Q – Which type of carpet cleaner is better?
To answer this after discussing among ourselves we have all agreed to go with the upright ones. They are just unbeatable and capable of doing heavy weight carpet cleaning. Where the compact ones are mostly focused on cleaning the spots but in the long run the upright ones are better as you can cover a huge area with them.
Now, the little ones (compact cleaners) are really light and portable and for this feature they are fast. Also, they need less of your assistance where the upright ones, yes the upright ones can be as loud as a steam rail engine and working with them for a long time will drain not only a lot of electricity but your energy too.
Now, you just can’t clean your whole house with a compact carpet cleaner where with the upright ones it can be done in a couple of hours. In fact they are more efficient in dealing with those stubborn stains. So, the upright carpet cleaners are the winner.
Q – Can I clean the hard floors with the carpet cleaners?
Sure you can. We have mentioned several times that these carpet cleaners are not only for carpets. With the right type of attachments (suctions hose) connected with your carpet cleaner you can clean anything (almost) you want.
Now, let us include some extra things here that you can also clean with your carpet cleaner.
- Car seats & floors
- Bathroom tiles
- Kitchen floor
- Wood decks & floors
- Your car when pigeons or any other bird take a dump on it. (We have seen people doing this)
Q – I’m satisfied with my professional carpet cleaning service. Why should I care?
You should care because you love your money. (Everybody loves money. Money is just the most lovable thing in the universe) Do a little math and find out how much you have spent behind your carpet cleaning last year. With that amount of money you could have easily bought a decent carpet cleaner. Now, a decent carpet cleaner will easily last for ten years or so. So, multiply the number with nine (exclude the product price) yes, we can see from here that your eyes are burst out right now. See, how much money you could have saved? That would have been enough for a Europe trip.
Q – Which is the best Carpet Cleaning Method?
Previously we have discussed about different carpet cleaning methods of shampooing or soaping, encapsulation and bonneting. Here, shampooing is the most efficient one for cleaning the carpets of a home.
The other methods have different applications and are mostly used by professionals. Like bonneting is for the carpets on the crowded places. They clean the carpet on a superficial level and does not take out the deeply imbedded dirt. The encapsulation is used by professional carpet cleaning services. They use it to clean the less dirty carpets in the house as this method fails if there are too much filth inside the carpet. So, the shampooing is the only survivor. In course of time they are getting more popular and substituting the other methods as they don’t involve any use of harmful or harsh chemicals. It’s the most gentle yet the most efficient way of cleaning carpets.
Q – In a carpet cleaner brush vs suction hose, which is better?
Both of them have the same function only the hose shares the quality partially. In almost all of the top models of carpet cleaners you will have the luxury to use both of them. (Not together) The brushes are best at removing stains where the hose are best at getting into those tricky spots where the burses won’t ever be able to reach.
On the internet there has been very little information about the carpet cleaners. We dug out some information what were scattered here and there and we have compiled them all in our own way and made them factually accurate for you. Here is a list of the web links that helped us in a better understanding of carpet cleaners and carpet cleaning.
Well folks, these was pretty much everything about the carpet cleaners that you needed to know about the carpet cleaners. We hope that after going through the whole article you will be able to bring home the best carpet cleaner 2017 home and enjoy carpet cleaning.
List of Related Buying guide: