Tired of hammering?
Did you know, Nail Guns can add fun to your construction or fixing job?
Get the best nail guns 2017 and you will know the difference!
If you’re already a professional then you must have encountered this amazing yet lethal tool. But how deeply are you acquainted with them?
If you really want to know the nail guns you must read our best nail guns reviews prepared by experts. We will show you not only the best possible picks but everything that you need to know about nail guns. We hope that our reviews will be successful in satisfying all your needs.
Best Nail Guns 2017 (Top List)
Our experts of the ConsumerHubs have enlisted these 5 Top nail guns to buy in 2017. They have rated these nail guns according to their performance and features. They have practically reviewed them and made the list. Let’s find your desired one …
|WEN 61720 18-Gauge Brad Nailer||92|
|Freeman P4FRFNCB Combo Kit||90|
|NuMax SFR2190 Framing Nailer||88|
|Hitachi NT50AE2 Brad Nailer||89|
|BOSTITCH F21PL Framing Nailer||87|
The nail guns can make your building work easier. You will surely love the machine when you will get it in your hand. So, we are discussing here some of the top nail guns (that we pick & reviewed based on ConsumerHubs Algorithm) in details that you can buy in 2017.
1. WEN 61720 – Low Priced & Best Selling Nail Gun [Recommended]
The Wen 61720 can fire 3/4-2 inches brads. It operates at 60-100 PSI with the NPT of 1/4 inch air inlet fitting. The body of the gun is made of the aluminum. The handle has a comfortable rubber grip. The WEN 61720 Gauge Brad Nail Gun is light one so that operating it is easier than many other models. It is about 3 pounds.
Its magazine can hold more than 100 brads. It has also the quick release which can make a breeze of jam clearing. The manufacturer has included two wrenches of adjustment, oil and a custom case for carrying. No battery is included with it. It has a one-year official warranty of labor and parts.
The WEN 61720 Gauge Brad Nail Gun can shoot the brads anytime and anywhere with high speed and better accuracy. You can even shoot it from a distance of 2 to 4 inches if you want. Now, this is really a great solution for some tricky places. With this beast you can continuously shoot 100 brads. So you do not have to change the magazine or reload it frequently. The weight of the nail gun is light and you can easily move and use it. The aluminum body has made the weight light.
WEN 61720 Gauge Brad Nail Gun has advanced pressure creating system and can shoot the brads with high force. Quick release design can easily prepare the breeze for jam clearing. You will get two wrenches of adjustment, oil and a custom case for carrying with it. You will also get a warranty of one year.
- Aluminum body
- Comfortable grip of rubber
- Magazine has space for 100+ brads
- One year warranty
- Best for the small type work
- Suitable to nail the thin wood
2. Freeman P4FRFNCB – Premium All in One Nailer Money can Buy
This Freeman is a 4-piece combo kit of framing or finishing. This combo kit has PFR2190- 21 Degree named Framing Nailer, PFN1564- 15 Gauge of 34° Angle Finishing Nailer, PBR32Q- 18 Gauge, and PST9032Q- 18 Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler. Included, instruction manual, oil wrenches, and a carrying bag. The anodized magazine can hold more than 100 nails and the framing nailer has the capacity of 50+ nails.
The anodized cylinder of aluminum provides the durable ground when the gun’s piston is retracting and firing during use. The adjustment of finger depth sets the nail to get the desired depths conveniently and quickly. It has the option to release the jam quickly. Anti-dust or air filter is included with it.
It is like the contractor’s dream to do their finishing and framing task. This combo kit can cover your all the needs in working. Freeman P4FRFNCB Nail Gun is great for roof decking, sub-floors, basement remodeling, pallet building, fencing and many others. Choose any one between the brad nailer and finish nailer of angle for applications and any of them can give fine-finish to the cabinetry, chair rail, window casings, crown molding and the baseboards.
The crown stapler is an exact choice for cabinet backing, decorative trim, crafts, picture frames, and hobbies. The manufacturers have made the Freeman P4FRFNCB Nail Gun to meet the standards of professional grade. You can use the combo kits to make the works more efficient.
- 100+ nails can be loaded in the anodized magazine
- 50+ nails can be loaded in the framing nailer
- Can be released its jam quickly
- Dust protection and air filter is available
- Mechanism is not totally hassle free
- Depth adjustment with precision is difficult
3. NuMax SFR2190 – Budget Friendly & Top Selling Framing Nailer
The SFR 2190 is a good tool for the wall framing, wood fencing, roof decking and sub floors. The nail gun has dual mode trigger which can easily enable it for sequential or single firing. For many types of applications, it has depth adjust. No-Mar Tip can eliminate damage to the surface of working.
Uses nails ranging from 21 degrees which size are from 3-1/2” to 2” Collated Round Head of Plastic. Has anti-dry mechanism of fire. It activates automatically when the magazine has only 5 nails. A bare-tool is included with it. It is an air power base nailgun. The gun body has the warranty of one year. The wearable parts have the warranty of 30 days.
This framing nailer has come on the market with the marvelous beneficial sides. We can use it for many purposes. The 360-degree exhaust has made the NuMax SFR2190 21 Degree Nail Gun as the powerful nail gun.
Die-cast magnesium has been used by the manufacturer to construct the nail gun. That is why the weight is light and the gun is durable enough. It will give you the confidence in your working.
It is one of the most expensive guns which are available on the market. The driver blade of the gun is very hardened steel. Under the proper guidance of the manufacturers, the NuMax SFR2190 21 Degree Nail Guns are made to maintain the quality.
- Dual mode trigger
- Anti-dry mechanism
- Air power based nailer
- One year official warranty
- Some people have found it as too heavy
- In the tight spots, it is difficult to shoot
4. Hitachi NT50AE2 – One of the Best Brad Nailer you can Trust
The Selective Actuation system of the NT50AE2 allows you to select between contact fire or bumping fire mode. You can select the mode with the switch’s flip. It is a lightweight nailer. The weight is only 2.2 pound. The balancing quality is good enough to use it for a long duration. To prevent the slippage, it has Elastomer grip. This grip is also very comfortable for your hand.
It is a tool-less nail gun. The vent of the 360-degree exhaust is adjustable. To protect the tool and the workpiece, the nail gun has a non-mar cap of the nose. The operating pressure is 70-120 psi and it can properly run the nail gun. It runs through air pressure. Hitachi NT50AE2 18-Gauge Brad Nail Gun has the warranty of five years.
For different applications, the Hitachi NT50AE2 18-Gauge Brad Nail Gun can be the best tool for you. It is actually a Brad Nailer. You can easily select between the continuous firing and intermittent firing. The loading of the brads is quite easy and quick. It has great power to drive the nails. It can fire the brads like the bullet.
70-120 psi air pressure is needed for the piercer to run or fire the brads efficiently. You can check the magazine of nails all the time during your work. The nail indicator is given for the users’ facility. So you will never run out of nails. The accuracy of piercing is commendable. This product has a long time warranty. 5 years official warranty you will get with the product.
- Lightweight effective nailer
- Elastomer grip is used to prevent slippage
- Air pressure based nail gun
- Five years official warranty
- During 2 inch brad nailing, this nail gun tends to jam
- It needs oil to operate smoothly
5. BOSTITCH F21PL – Best Framing Nailer (Professionals First Choice)
If you are in search of the Jack of all trades then we would say, go with the F21PL and you may never need to buy another nailer again. This framing piercer is ideal nailer for framing, sub flooring, bracing jobs, and sheathing. Professional’s first choice for its proficiency. Its body is made of magnesium and the weight has become light. The body is strong and durable enough to fire the nails. Quick-change nose pieces have been given for metal-connector and plastic-collated nails. It has a layout indicator of 16-inch. Let you know the actual distance.
It can set the nail depth as you want. Within seconds the nose-pieces allow you to switch from metal connector nails to plastic-collated nails. Has high-capacity magazine which can hold more than 60 nails of plastic collated. The weight of this tool is 8.1 pounds. You will get limited warranty of seven years.
The professional builders love this powerful nail firing machine. It has the great capacity to fire the nails with great speed. So you can do your framing works quite effectively. It can create pressure 1,050 pounds on every inch. Its strong body is able to make your piercing work smooth.
It has a rubber grip to hold the tool more steadily and comfortably. You will get an integrated grip of rubber skids which will make your work more effective. The magnesium body has made the piercer’s body lighter. Its weight is around 8.1 pounds. You will get the warranty of seven years. So at least seven years you can stay tension free.
- Ideal for framing, sub-flooring, sheathing and others works
- Magnesium body has made its weight light
- Can hold 60+ nails at a time
- Seven years warranty
- Toe nailing may appear as a tough task to do with it
- Difficult to replace the nailing head
What is a Nail Gun?
Nail guns are actually a tool which drives nails into timber or wood. They can also drive the nails into other materials. These nails are driven by the electromagnetism, compressed air, extremely flammable gases like propane or butane. Among the builders, it is now a favorite tool than the hammers. The nail guns have come to market to replace the regular hand held hammers.
Why buy the nail or piercing gun?
We work hard with the manual hammer to complete the tasks. But the powerful and advanced nail guns have changed the traditional thinking and working way. We do not need to wait or spend hard labor anymore to finish the roofing, framing, and other tasks. With these guns, we can now complete the works within short time and less labor.
We can now nail many brads within one minute. Whether, we needed more minutes to nail these brads in the manual way. Within the short time, we can complete our works with more accuracy and efficiency. It is 10 times faster than the manual hammers. One nailing machine has the power of 10 hammers.
When you drive the nails manually, you need to hold the nail with the fingers. But it is too risky for your fingers. Anytime you can accidentally drive the hammer on your finger and you know that how much it will pain. It is also very hard to move the heavy hammer.
But there, you will have no risk of it. You do not have to hold the brads with your fingers. You also have no need to give high force on the hammer also. This automatic gun of nailing will do the job by itself. You just need to connect with the air or gas compressor or the electric power and place the nose of the nailgun on the point where you want to nail. After that pull the trigger and nail it as you like.
Again, you do not have to carry a box of baffling nails. Finding out the exact nail from the thousand nails is a tough task. With the nailer, you will get sorted nails of appropriate size and you do not need to find your exact size of nail anymore. The accuracy and aiming of the nail gun are much better than the ordinary hammers.
The advanced piercing machine has more power to nail the brads. It can nail it completely with the single hit. Where, with the hammer, we need to hit the nail several times to completely nail it. Again hammers cannot nail the bards accurately or straightly sometimes, but the smart nailgun can do so by a single press.
Types of Nail Guns:
Nail guns are available now in many types. These are used for different types of working and becoming as the trustable and effective tool to the builders. We can separate the nailguns according to their designs, mechanism or features.
- Framing Nailer:
It can smoothly drive more than hundreds of nail within a short time. The framing nailers are the most popular piercing machines like the other nail guns. Without the framing gun, it is tough to complete the heavy construction of the wood.
Framing nailers also differ on the basis of degrees, triggers and power source. Some of them run through the electric power and some of them run through air pressure. Many portable framing nailers are also available. They run on the rechargeable battery.
- Roofing Nail Gun:
For the roofing nails, these roofing nail guns are appropriate. It can be taken on the roof to do these stuffs. It is portable and lightweight. They do not use straight magazines of the nail. Rather they require coiled nails. To complete the requirement of roofing, they use the brads which have big round head.
- Finish Nail Gun:
For the furniture makers and carpenters, the finish nail guns are the best choice. For trimming, they can drive high-gauge nails. The main advantage of this piercer is, it can give the user smooth finishing. So this piercer can work like a good finisher also. In the pine and oak wood, the nail gun can drive its brads neatly into them. Many types of brads the nailer requires to give proper finishing.
- Flooring Nail Gun:
These nail guns have T shape and can do the flooring tasks more easily and comfortably. This piercer is specially designed to fire the brads at the proper angles when you are standing on the base. The advanced Nailguns are very pneumatic. So you have no need to give extra pressure on the muscles.
- Brad Nailer:
This nailer is quite same like the finish nailer. But it is more effective for the trimming jobs. High-gauge nails can be driven by these Brad nail gun. Their bars are thin and the heads are also big. Example: for the cabinet making, the Brad nailers are perfect.
- Concrete Nail Gun:
We can say that it is the most powerful nail gun. It has a powerful mechanism which can drive brads straightly into the concrete. It is specially used for the industrial purposes. Normal builders like carpenters or furniture makers do not use this type of heavy nailgun.
So we have learned that these nail guns can be used for many types of work. These advanced nailguns can do their job faster and accurately than the manual hammers. Usually, the manual hammers cannot give the accuracy. Again the nail gun can keep your fingers safer. The builders know the pain how much they have suffered from the manual hammers.
Features to Look For …
In our market, we often see many types of nail guns. But all the nail guns are not good enough to use. They should have some basic features to be the effective nailer. We should also look for the features which the nailers should have. The basic features of the best nail guns are given below:
- Purpose: All the nailers are not used for the same purpose. Many types of nailers are available to do different types of nailing jobs. To make our work easier and effective, the manufacturers make different kinds of the nailer. Like: Framing, roofing, finish, flooring, brad and concrete type nailers. They are effective in their sectors.
- Body: The body of the nailer should be strong and durable enough to get the proper balance to nail the brads. The body of magnesium or other superior materials can make the tool more stable and lightweight. So the body should be firm and lightweight to do the nailing properly.
- Accuracy & power: The main part or the feature of the nail piercing tools is the power. The power should be efficient enough. The nailer must have a good source of power. The nailers may run via air, gas or electric power. The nailing accuracy is essential for the best nailers. The powerful piercers can nail the brads accurately and deeply in a single hit. Without proper accuracy, you cannot complete your work.
- Size of nails: All types of nails cannot be used in any nailers. Like- some nailers use small head nailers, again some nailing machines can nail only the big head nails. You cannot also use any length’s nails in any nail guns.
- Corded and Portable: Corded piercers provide you the limited place to work with it. But it will give continuous power backup. You can fire all your nails with equal power and speed. Portable nail guns run through rechargeable battery or mini-cylinder. These cylinders contain air or gas. You can take these nailers anywhere with you. They will give you the facility to work on the roof also. They have no area limitation.
- Firing System: Two safe systems of firing are available on the market. These systems will keep you safe from any unpleasant incidents. The first one is dual contact firing system. These types of nailers can fire when the nose tip will be compressed. You have to first press the nose on the surface of working to compress the nose, after that when you will pull the trigger it will fire. Another one is the sequential system. This system will not let you fire continuously. For these nailers, you have to pull the trigger to fire a single nail, after that you have to release the trigger to fire another one.
- Warranty: Most of the best nail guns come with their official warranty. Well known brands or the best nailer manufacturers do not sell their product without the warranty.
Benefits of using the Nail Guns:
The nail guns have come on the market to replace the position of the hammer and to make the works easier and more efficient. ConsumerHubs has discussed with the users of nailgun and we have also used the product practically to know all the beneficial sides of the nailers from a closer view.
These tools are very beneficial from many sides:
- Firstly the Speed
Actually, the workers are used to with the using of the hammer for their daily works. They hold the nail and hit the hammer on it hard to nail it. It is a lengthy process to nail the brads. But the nailers do not take so much time to nail a brad and they do not require any hard labor also. If a worker needs one minute to nail 5 brads, the nail guns can nail 15 brads within one minute.
- Secondly carrying nail
Workers often feel irritated with the nails. Carrying the box or bag of the nail is a resentful work. It is also tough to find out the exact nail from the box. The nail box causes extra weight also. But when you use the nailgun, you do not have to carry the nail box anymore. Even it can keep the nails orderly in the magazine.
- Thirdly injury free
With the manual procedure, you have to hold the nail with the fingers and you hit your hammer on the nail. It is too risky. Anytime you may hit on your lovely fingers anytime. That can injure fingers seriously. But with the brad guns, you have no need to hold the nails. The gun will fire it automatically. So you will have no risk to get injury.
- Fourthly the power
The nailers can drive the brads with high force. The gun can create high pressure on the nail’s surface to pierce it on the working ground. With the high force, the nail can go inside the ground completely. But the hammers often cannot drive the nails completely inside the working surface by the first hit. The workers need to hit the hammer two or three times on the nail to completely pierce it.
- Fifthly accuracy:
Hammer cannot prick the brads with the proper accuracy. Often the nails are misplaced during the pricking time and spoil the workpiece. But the nailing machine can give proper accuracy. Without spoiling the workpiece we can pierce our work pieces with complete accuracy.
Now you may think how much the best nailing guns are! We can now do our tasks orderly and also in shorter time. Builders can deliver their product with exceptional finishing. For these beneficial sides, the nail guns have become the most needed tool among the people.
How to Use the Nail Guns?
The using procedure of nailing guns depends on the purpose of the user. According to the work, the prickers can be differentiated into many types. Every nailing gun has not the same procedure of using. Because every nailer has separate mechanism and style. So we are giving you here the basic and common rules of using the nail guns.
- First of all, you have to give importance to safety. Never take the risk. Always stay conscious. Anytime any unpleasant incident can happen. So wear the safety glass first and move to prepare your tool. Use the safety glass which can cover your eye sides properly.
- Before starting your work, load the magazine with the brads. Every nailing machine has a different style. But it is common that the magazine opens toward the back. Pull and open the magazine and securely load the strip of prick. Now close the chamber of the magazine.
- If you have the air compression based nailgun, you should connect the nailer with the air compressor. For the electric power based nailer, connect it to the power outlet. Again if you have the portable brad pricker, load the rechargeable battery or the mini-cylinder.
- Always check that how much backup the battery or cylinder can provide. The nailing gun has the status bar to show that how much power the cylinder or battery has.
- Adjust the power now. Fix the power level as you want for your works. The wrong power of pressure level can spoil the work. So adjust it and shoot it on the extra wood scraps to be sure that you have fixed the right level.
- Now arrange the pieces orderly which you want to attach and place the nose of the nailing gun on the point of the piece where you want to nail. Hold the nailing gun strongly with one hand and keep your finger near the trigger.
- Hold the workpiece with another hand to get more stability and also for keeping the pieces orderly. Do not keep your body too near to the nailer. Because, it kicks back after firing. So you may get a serious injury.
- When you will be sure that everything is alright to shoot, then fire the nail. Like this procedure fire the nails at every point. Release the trigger after every fire. Otherwise, it will continue firing. That is dangerous for you and also for the persons who will stay around you.
- After finishing the nailing, unplug the power source first. After unplugging reload or take out the prick strap. Without unplugging, the prick strap changing can be harmful to you. You have to stay alert about the using procedure to keep your nail gun jammed free also.
Our experts researched about the using procedure deeply and come to this conclusion. They have claimed that if everybody obeys these rules properly, they can give their works the complete finishing and they will be able to keep themselves safe during working.
Best Nail Guns Buying Guide:
It has now become a basic need to have a nail gun personally. If you have it, you do not have to hire any people to repair or made your home or industrial products. If you have enough knowledge about making or repairing the products like wooden or other materials type, you can do the work by yourself with it. So we the ConsumerHubs wants to help you to get the best nail gun of 2017. We are giving the newest buying guide of the Nail Guns here.
The nail guns have two basic mechanisms of firing. One is dual-contact firing and another is sequential firing. Both the dual-contact firing and the sequential firing are safer for the users.
Dual-contact firing works when you pull the trigger after pressing the nose on the work surface. That is why it has the double safety. If you ever press the trigger unintentionally when the nose is not compressed, the nail will not come out. So you have no risk of getting hurt from it.
The sequential firing will not let you fire the nails continuously. You pull the trigger to fire the brad. But without releasing the trigger the nailgun will not fire another prick. So you have to do the firing with the single pause. So it will keep you and others safe from any injury.
Every model has individual features. But every type of nail guns should have some basic features which you should know before buying your necessary tool.
- Framing Nail Guns:
These are the most heavy-duty nail guns. They are usually used to nail the wood frames when we start the construction of our buildings. These piercers use 2.88 mm brads to do wood type works. It has tremendous power of holding. These nailers switch between sequential and dual-contact firing.
- Roofing Nail Guns:
They are basically used for rooftop works. A Larger head with the shorter size nails is appropriate for these nail guns. Again they are used for pricking on the siding and outdoor materials. They do not use the straight magazine nails; rather they prefer the coiled nails. The Roofing nailguns can also switch between the two firings as the Framing nailers.
- Finishing Nailers:
These nailers are available in air compression and cordless models. You need to purchase an air compressor if you want to buy the air compression based model. These nailers are suitable to add trim around the house. They also used for molding the furniture also.
- Flooring Nailers:
You do not have to sit on your knees to nail anymore when it is in your hand. You can nail the laying boards of the floor by standing. This nailer is specially designed to prick the floor boards at the right angles when you are standing on the base. The advanced Flooring Nail guns are very pneumatic. So, no need to give extra pressure on your muscles.
- Brad Piercer:
These are the standard nail guns. It is useful for the residential work. But you can do with it the small works. It is not very powerful like others.
- Concrete Piercer:
It is the most powerful nailer, which has a magnificent mechanism. This piercer can fire the nails with great force. They are specially made for industrial side works. They use special kind of nails also.
- Portable and Corded Nail Guns:
Some nail guns are portable also. They do not need the cord of air compression or the electricity power. The air-based portable nail piercing machines have a chamber of mini air cylinder which can provide limited air pressure support. These cylinders are available in many types of gases to increase the power of nailing. Like- the air based portable nailer. There are also available many types of portable electric power based nailing machines. They run through the battery, which is rechargeable.
Corded nail guns are the common nail guns. The electric power based corded nailers take the power directly through the electric power outlet. Again the air compression based corded nailers do the same thing. But the cord is connected to an air compressor.
It is easy to use the portable nailers. You can take it anywhere. Even you can travel with it. But they give limited power backup. Again you cannot move with the corded nail guns freely. You have to work within a limited area. But it will give you continuous power backup.
So we have here brought out the main features of every type nail guns. You have to choose now, which one is suitable for your work. The price range of the nailers from $40-$200. You can get the best NilGuns in that price range. After meeting the entire requirements which you are looking for, you should purchase the Nail Guns finally. For better knowledge, you can read and research online.
The Prose & Cons of Nail Guns …
- Time and money saver tool.
- Easy to nail.
- Cordless are easy to carry anywhere.
- Can nail with great accuracy.
- Give proper finishing.
- Tough to carry the full setup of corded nailers.
- Cordless nailers cannot give continuous power backup.
- Costly than the manual hammers.
Q. Which types of air compressor are best for the nail guns?
It is tough to answer. Because it depends on your using way. Again all the piercing machines do not work on the same air pressure. Every model has different requirements. So you should use the compressor which meets the pressure requirement of the nail guns.
Q. How can I reduce the noise during piercing?
It is possible to reduce the noise. For example: if you want to attach two parts of wood through nailing, you should use glue one part’s top and another part’s surface. Now attach them and run your gun on it. Now you will hear less noise. It is a tricky way.
Q. What kinds of brads the nailer use?
Every brand’s model has separate specialty or mechanism. Many nailer machines use metal connector nails and many nailguns use plastic-collated nails. Again all the nailguns do not require the same size of the nail. You can get the detail information from the instruction manual or the description. It is best to take the information from the reliable or official website.
Q. Should I use oil in these tools?
You can see that many manufacturers include oil containers with their nailing products. They do not give it for any useless purpose. They give it to increase the longevity of the gun. Using the oil in the machine can improve the efficiency. After finishing the work, clean the nailgun and use few drops of oil in the tool. It will keep the mechanism smooth and also helps to keep your gun jam free. You should not use any type of oil for the piercers. Use the oil which the instruction manual suggests.
Q. What is safety tip?
In front of the piercing machine, there is a loose tip. This tip is called as the safety tip. This thing makes you sure that whether you have connected the gun with the working surface properly or not. When the safety tip is loose, the gun will not fire. When the tip will be compressed properly, it will fire. But the main purpose of the tip is, if you ever pull the trigger accidentally it will not fire and it will save you from hurting yourself or others.
Yes, these nailers are costlier than the manual hammers. But they can nail 10 times better than the regular hammer. Actually, it will be a money-saving tool in the long run. We can do our work maintain the order with these advanced piercers. The professional builders cannot think about another tool except these best nail guns.
From professional to the amateur, anyone can get the huge advantages from them. So, why you will stay behind with your outdated tools. Come and choose the advanced and latest top nail guns of 2017. It will change your concept of working style.
We have listed some reliable and informative website names. These sites helped us to understand the critical parts of the nail guns.
So these are the websites where our experts got the help. These sites are reliable and contained real information about the Best Nail Guns 2017.
List of Related Buying guide: