Missing your mother’s special recipes!
Don’t worry! The Best Slow Cooker 2017 will bring back the taste and Happiness.
It can make your meal delicious like your mom’s homemade food.
Simmering is a process of cooking food in a low heat for a long time with a slow cooker. As per the name slow cookers are electronic cookers that cook the food for a long time in a confined area with a limited heat. Why such a cooker was invented? Well, you’ll get the answer by the end of this slow cooker reviews 2017.
Best Slow Cooker 2017 (Top List):
Experts of the ConsumerHubs have enlisted these top 5 Slow Cookers to buy in 2017. They have rated these slow-cookers and made the list according their performance and features. Check it out …
|Crock-Pot SCCPVL610S (6 qt)||90|
|Hamilton Beach 33967 (6 qt)||91|
|Cuisinart PSC-350 (3.5 qt)||87|
|Hamilton Beach 33969A (6 qt)||88|
|Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S (6 qt)||92|
Now that you are acquainted with the models to buy from, you should definitely check out the cookers in the following detailed reviews that has been set in accordance with the ConsumerHubs Algorithm.
1. Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S – Best Selling Slow Cooker [Recommended]
Simplicity should be the word for this best seller slow cooker. The Crock-Pot claims to be the manufacturer of the original slow cookers. They are right actually. Their best offering is the SCCPVL610-S. It’s a six quart cooker which can cook for more than seven people. One of the two unique features of this pot is the detachable oval stoneware. When the crock pot is done cooking you can take it out from the cooker and directly server from it.
The other feature is the locking lid that comes with a gasket. It prevents the soup inside from dripping off. Other than these it shares all the features that a slow cooker need. With a great price, this certainly is a great product.
- Capable to cook any recipe
- Programmable digital control
- Automatically active warm setting after cooking
- Outside unit becomes hot fast
2. Hamilton Beach 33967A– The Most Affordable Slow Cooker
Wow! It is supposed to be your first expression if you ever encounter with the Hamilton Beach 33967 in any mall or another kitchen. If you don’t want your slow cooker to be too ordinary then, it should be the product of your choice.
Not only it suits your kitchen, it was designed to be portable. It has a great lid what even attaches a thermometer to precisely measure the temperature and display it on a handsome looking display and control panel.With the panel you get to control different modes of operation and timer of the cooker. It does not cost more than the standard or regular models but delivers a steady performance which is optimized with great technologies. This makes the product hugely popular.
- 3 different choices for better cooking
- Full-grip handles
- Protection for power interrupt
- Poor heating unit
3. Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2 – Top Slow Cooker on Simplicity
The Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2 is a very straight forward slow cooker. This has got an oval shaped pot of three and a half quart. So, if you have a small family of four or five it’s a good product for you.
It may not be that fancy or equipped with highly technical features but comes with a promise of quality and longevity. The cooker allows you to select the amount of heat it’s going to produce.It’s really a helpful feature with what you can properly follow the recipe. The cooker also consumes very little electricity.
- Touchpad control panel
- Keep ward food automatically
- Dishwasher safe
- Not so programmable
4. Hamilton 33969A 6-Quart – Best Slow Cooker for Everyday Use
It’s another advanced programmable slow cooker from Hamilton. You don’t have to think too much about the food being overcooked or under-cooked as the temperature is visible on the display attached with the cooker. Moreover Hamilton 33969 comes with power interrupt protection what doesn’t allow the cooker to die when the power’s out.
You’ll hardly find anyone complaining about this product. Very few products have the probe feature.Also, the temperature control in this thing is amazing. The Hamilton 33969 6-Quart helps you by keeping your food warm when you’re running very late for your dinner. The unit is very much portable and designed to be spill proof.
- 3 choices for automatic and easy cooking
- Shows actual temperature
- Full-grip handles
- Tough to cook vegetable
5. Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S – Best Slow Cooker within Low Budget
Crock-pot was the first company to produce slow cookers. And even today it’s dominating the market with its best slow cookers 2017. The brand became so popular all over America that people started calling all the slow cookers crock pot. Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S is another popular product of them. First of all it’s a powerful cooker consuming 1800 Watts of electricity. With this cooker you can do both slow and fast cooking.
This multi functional feature is really great. Wait, there’s a lot more in this. The cooker is equipped with eight preset functions and has a technology named element IQ. Although Crock-pot introduced some great technical attributes in this model, it’s very easy to operate. The price was recently reduced, and with its latest price the cooker can challenge any product in the market.
There might be many brands of slow cookers in the market but the products are more or less the same. Almost every feature of these five products was brought in front of you to help you narrow down your options and choose the ultimate product. Now it’s up to you to match these products with your need. But don’t forget consider three criteria such as – price, size and your ability to use technical device.
- Multi settings to cook
- Secure fit
- Lid-mounted locking system
- Boil quickly
What is a slow cooker?
The name speaks for itself. Slow cookers are the cookers that are designed to cook slowly. The concept may seem simple, even the cookers look simple but the mechanism is complex from the inside. You see a cooking pot and a metallic housing from the outside. The cooking gets done inside the pot by the heat generated from beneath.
The lower part of the cooker is called the base. It transforms electricity into heat. When you take the pot out you see the base. The pot is technically called the vessel. It’s a stoneware pan what distributes heat evenly. The vessel is also designed to stay warm for a long time.
In most of the models it can be removed from the housing of the cooker. The upper part of a slow cooker is the lid. It’s often built with strong tempered glass. Some models provide locking mechanism and gasket with it. The lid keeps the heat trapped inside the pot and doesn’t allow the food to spill outside. There are some other parts like heat isolating gripper handles, control panel, led display in a slow cooker. This is more or less everything about a slow cooker.
How Does Slow Cooker Work?
Cooking with a best slow cooker 2017 is like cooking on a stove top. The basics are the same as both of them produces the necessary heat from beneath. The base of a slow cooker heats up gradually. The amount of heat it will produce can be controlled by the control panel. When the cooker is plugged in and the commands are given the slow cooker starts cooking.
Depending on the amount of heat, it can cook within a time span of thirty minutes to ten hours. When a slow cooker is done cooking it automatically goes to the “keep warm” mode and keeps the food warm until you serve it. Though, a few complex models will allow you the luxury of presets and intelligent enough to report the temperature. Cooking process on those cookers is a bit different.
Necessity of Buying Slow Cooker:
The thing is, if you are a busy person and don’t have enough time to spare behind cooking, then a slow cooker is the appropriate solution for you. You don’t have to go to the restaurants every day; don’t have to fetch takeouts or order costly food everyday if you have a top rated slow cooker. With these magic pots you can gift your family nutritious and delicious dishes, without doing anything, well almost anything.
They are a real match to your modern lifestyle. Just follow one of the recipes from the hundreds that you can easily get online. Put in the ingredients and turn on the cooker. Go to office, shopping or wherever you feel like. By the time you return your food will be ready with a mouth watering aroma. So, aren’t they great?
Types of Slow-Cooker:
Actually this product has not many different types. We can mainly separate them into two sides. One of them is Crock-pot type and another one is commercial type. We often think that Slow cookers and Crock-Pots are interchangeable names. But it is not right. Crock-pots are a type of slow cooker. All slow-cookers are not Crock-Pots type. They cook food as the same way and same recipe. But each type has separate mechanism.
There are some other type slow-cookers which are different from Crock-Pot type. We can differentiate them from each other on the basis of their feature or mechanism. These other types are known as the commercial-style slow-cooker. To clearly know about the types of it, please research about them online. You will get clear information about them.
Features of Best Slow Cookers 2017:
Why should you get a slow cooker? Why so many people are using it? Why slow cookers are getting popular day by day? The only reason its features. You might have the idea of its features and benefits by now. In the following section I’ll give you extended information about what to look for in them.
- Removable pot – A slow cooker without a removable pot will give you very much hassle. So, don’t forget to get one with a removable pot feature.
- Glass Lid – If you get a slow cooker with a glass lid you’ll be able to see if your food is properly cooked or not.
- Temperature Settings – It’s a great feature. If you have the ability to control your temperature you will be able to follow the recipes precisely.
- Programmable Cooking – The advanced programmable cookers are really a blessing to your busy life. With this feature you just have to put in the ingredients and press a few buttons. The cooker will do the rest of the cooking.
- Locking Lid – If you don’t want your soup to be spilling all over your kitchen, get a product that comes with a locking mechanism for its lid. Some models also come with gasket. They are really helpful in keeping the slow cooker clean and tide.
- Warranty – It’s always wise to a product that comes with warranty. Also, don’t forget to check the availability of spare parts.
Benefits of Using Top Slow Cooker:
First of all we hope that you were able to learn everything about slow cookers by now. It’s a product of this age. It’s a product for busy people like you. Bring variation in your food life with a top rated slow cooker 2017. We know you need something healthy in midst all those deep fried, restaurant cooked or highly sugary food. Why don’t you make it by yourself at the luxury of your home?
To get a nutritious meal and save the cooking time, nothing can be useful than these best slow-cookers. You just need to assemble your meal and put it into your cooker. Without burning your food it will cook your meal with great care. At the dinner, you will get hot and delicious food without using extra dishes. So you have no need to clean many dishes after finishing your dinner.
When slow cookers were first economically produced they were designed to cook the food in a limited space for a long time. To cook any food for a long time, requires very little powerless than best electric pressure cooker & best rice cooker 2017. So, yes, slow cookers are less power consuming and hence energy efficient.
But modern slow cookers aren’t that slow. Rather, slow cooking is optional in them. Some models even consume more than a thousand watt of electricity. It saves energy more than our regular electric ovens. So, it’s up to you how you are going to use your slow cooker. You can make it highly power consuming or you can make it energy efficient.
To get spicy, delicious or healthy food, you have no need to go to the restaurant anymore. Now you can get these mouthwatering tastes in your home. It will change your habit of eating expensive and less nutritious food. It is actually a one-step preparation system which saves our preparation time. It does not let the vegetable melt and you will get the healthy juice of the vegetables.
In the winter weather, it can serve you hot soup anytime. This device is best for the summer season also. This cooker helps tenderize meat’s less-expensive cuts. The employees do not want to go the kitchen happily after coming back from their job. But this slow cooker can automatically cook and keep your meal warm all the day. So at the dinner, you will get the prepared dish from it. It will make your dinnertime more exciting.
Yes, slow cookers trap everything of a food inside it. From the aroma to every bit of nutritious, everything stays inside the pot. That is impossible in all other cooker. You don’t have to worry about safety when you have a slow cooker at your home. They don’t have any possibility to blow up. They won’t do any harm to your children. They are really adorable and harmless cookers. The whole article had the goodwill of enlightening you about slow cooker reviews 2017. We hope that it has fulfilled its duty. We designed it to feed your curiosity. Happy cooking with your best slow cooker 2017.
How to Use a Slow Cooker:
The slow cookers are designed to make your life easier than ever. Cooking with a slow cooker is fun and easy. There are certain steps to follow if you want to cook with your slow cooker. The fun part of using a top slow cooker 2017 is that, you can leave it unattended when the cooking process takes place. Here’s a step by step guide for you concerning the use of a slow cooker.
- Create Space – To pace your cooker in the right spot is the first step. Choose a free spot on your kitchen isle or counter top to place the cooker. The spot must be close to the power source or socket. Note that, you must have a free space of at least six inches around and over your cooker. If you don’t leave the free space the cooking process can be hampered and may cause damage to your slow cooker.
- Prepare Food – It’s the point where real cooking begins. First of all select a recipe. You may find it in some recipe books or you can just browse the internet for recipes. Next, gather up your ingredients precisely. Then wash them care Now it’s time to chop, cut, dice and grind them. Follow the recipe and do it accordingly. It’s important to keep the right sizes of your vegetables or meat if you want it to be properly cooked. Gather the spices or seasonings carefully.
- Put the Food – Now it’s time to put the food inside the pot. Follow your recipe carefully and arrange different ingredients layer by layer. It’s an important part as different ingredients take different temperature to cook. If you don’t arrange them accurately they will have the possibility of burning or being undercooked.
- Pours Liquid – The next step is to add water or liquid into your pot. Remember, the total depth of your ingredients and the liquid should be half way of the three fourth marks. Leave an empty space on the top.
- Place the Lid – After you’re done adding liquid in the pot close shunt the lid. It should not have any leaks. Close the locking mechanism tightly. You can also apply aluminum foils if you have to.
- Turn On – Plug in the cooker and press the buttons you need to press to activate the cooking. If you want your food to be moisty and be cooked for a long time of eight to ten hours select the lowest temperature setting. If you want your food ready within an hour go for the higher temperature operation modes.
- Allow your Food to Cook – After you turned on your cooker leave it like that. Slow cookers don’t need stirrings. So, just keep the lid on and feel free to do whatever you like. Be concerned if you smell anything burning and if there’s no steam formation on the lid.
- Add Extra Ingredients – When all these are done you can add other ingredients in the pot what need very little time and temperature to cook. You shouldn’t add such ingredients at the prior steps as they tend get mashy.
Tips for Using a Slow Cooker 2017…
- Get Rid of all Fat: You should allow no fat in your cooker. Slow cookers use simmering method of cooking. What extracts out oil from the ingredients. Avoid adding extra oil in the pot. Get rid of all the fats in meat.
- Only Use a Reasonable Amount of Liquid: In a slow pot, the cooking is done in a compact and sealed environment. This doesn’t leave any room for vapor to get out. So, be careful on measuring the liquid. Don’t use too much.
- The Lower Setting is the Best: Slow cookers are designed to cook slowly. Using them that way is the best option. Just start the cooking early. Cook in the lower temperature and get the best results on dinner table. The sweet fruit of patience it is.
- Do not Tamper with the Slow Cooker: You don’t need to check the cooker often while it cooks. Repeatedly opening and closing the lid can ruin your dinner.
- Try Cooking Onions before Throwing them in: Did you know that onions taste better if they are cooked out of the crook pots. So, it’s wise to throw in fried onions in the pot.
Mistakes to Avoid While Using Slow Cooker…
Yes, using a best slow cookers 2017 is a piece of cake. But there are some errors that you can easily make with your slow cooker. It’s better to know the errors before you get used to a slow cooker. The following section will aware you about the mistakes so that you can get perfect dining experience with your slow cooker each and every time.
- Don’t add raw meat to the slow cooker –
It’s kind of unhealthy to add raw meats into your pot. Sometimes they make the whole dinner taste weird. On the kitchen appliance websites you will often see eye catching photos of cooked brown chicken or meat inside slow cookers. Trust me, reality is nothing like that. It would be the best if you brown the meat before and then put it inside the pot. This way you will get a unique flavor what can’t anyhow be brought by a top slow cooker 2017.
- Don’t use the wrong type of meat –
Cut your meat precisely to extract the best taste out of them. Like the lean meats get very tough if they are simmered. Fattier, inexpensive and tougher cuts of meat are perfect for slow cooking. The other expensive cuts may not be that suitable for slow pots. Instead of wasting them in the pot you can grill them or use in other ways.
- Don’t open the lid during cooking –
It’s tough for someone to avoid the temptation of looking inside the pot when the cooker is still cooking. A divine curiosity to know what’s happening works in everyone. Whenever you open the lid of a slow pot, a heavenly smell comes out. But with the aroma, heats also escape the pot. This is not good for the whole process of cooking. Try not to open the lid during the cooking process and spoil the lovely dinner you were about to have.
- Don’t add too much wine or liquor –
Adding too much wine or liquor in a slow pot is really unhealthy. They don’t vaporize like water and stuck inside the pot. Adding too much of them turns your delicious food into something mashy, sticks and gross. Using too much wine can bring a bitter taste to your food. It will result in a better taste if you apply it with the pre browned flesh. And about oil, never use too much of it. Although this measurement takes time to be perfect. But after cooking two or three batches you’ll get the idea of it.
- Don’t add dairy products too soon –
Some recipes often demand the use of dairy products like cheese, cream, milk or yogurt. Use them at the initial stage of cooking results in a disaster. It can spoil the whole batch. To get their true flavors unleashed what you need to do is, apply them at the very last stage of cooking. This will add a new level of pleasure to your tongue.
Facts to Consider while Buying Slow Cooker:
By now you probably have formed an idea about slow cookers. How they work and can help you in your busy life. I hope that you would like to get one too. Here comes the first problem. Which slow cooker should I buy? Don’t worry. I’m here with my honest slow cooker reviews 2017 and heartfelt desire to help you choose the perfect pick. There are certainly some things to be considered before buying a slow cooker.
Do the features and benefits of a slow cooker lure you to buy one? Well, before you buy one, don’t hesitate to be judgmental. Without bringing the following things under your close consideration, you can wield up with a useless piece of junk that you’ll barely use once or twice in a year. Come, let me give you a clear idea about the things you need to consider before buying best slow cooker 2017.
- Time Saving – Modern slow cookers aren’t actually slow. If you want they can also cook very fast. So, getting one with this kind of multi functionality is always wise.
- Simplicity – Simplicity is always a well desired quality in any piece of machinery. Some models of slow cookers in the market that are very hard to operate, but you can do great things with them.
- Performance – Choose a product which delivers a steady performance each and every time. So, product of a good quality should always be preferred. The materials and components that are used in a slow cooker are also important.
- Reliability – Nobody buys a slow cooker for a day’s use only. So, it must last for a long time. The cookers should be reliable enough to cherish your hunger. A good slow cooker 2017 must have a good sensor to detect temperature level and act accordingly.
- Reviews and Ratings – Before you buy a product, narrow down your choice to at least two or three models. Then check their online reviews from the brand website and online shops. You will know many things from them.
Checkout the Pros and Cons of a Slow Cooker …
- Can cook all day without burning
- Food stay always warm and fresh
- Saves time, money and energy
- Easily cleanable
- Easy operating system
- Unable to cook some dishes
- Stoneware pots may break
- Some cookers’ outside become hot fast
Q. Can I cook a whole chicken in these slow cookers?
Your whole chicken will fit into it or not, it depends on your cooker size. You should stay clear about its size before buying it. If you want to cook big size whole chicken, then you should buy big size cooker. From the product description, you can find out that which cooker is big or small.
Q. How the programmable cooker works?
Programmable means that you can command the cooker how to cook your food. You can fix it as how long and how much hot you need for cooking your delicious dish. If your device has the clock system, you can fix a timer also. When you want to run the cooker, you need to keep it plug in position. So you can totally program it as your food needs to cook.
Q. What is the main difference between simmer and warm setting?
The latest slow-cookers are now available with this two simmer and warm settings. Simmer setting always gives the food a gentle cooking. And the warm setting keeps the food always warm. These two settings are given to make our cooking time easier and comfortable. Both are important for getting a delicious meal.
Q. What is E-commerce ready packaging?
E-commerce packaging means standard packaging. You may see this term when you order any product from any warehousing company. This term means that the company will provide enough protection to the product to reach to you safely. This term also means that it ensures the size and efficiency of their package.
Q. Is every slow-cooker dishwasher safe?
Now most of the wellknown manufacturers’ slow-cookers are dishwasher safe. You can clean it in the dishwasher. You can apart its parts and place them in the dishwasher for complete cleaning. To be sure about the dishwasher safety, you can check about this safety features on the products’ official websites.
Now the slow cooker has become an essential device for our kitchen. The modern people cannot think their daily life without it now. But it is true that picking up the right one is tough enough. We need to consider size, price, portability, functions, features, and power consumption etc at a time.
But we have carefully checked out all the top trending products in the market and selected top five models that you can posses without any hesitation.
We have taken help from some reliable sites. We have enlisted those sites here. These websites are much informative and they are containing real information about slow cooker.
We hope that you will be able to pick the perfect product for yourself from our above list of best slow cooker 2017.
List of Related Buying guide: